6th Grade Biology: Embroidery Style

Earlier this Fall my girl was given a very standard 6th grade Biology assignment: 
 Make a model of a cell and label all it's parts.  

All on her own she realized she could embroider a cotton napkin and make the assignment FUN!
My girl's 6th grade Biology Project!
I need you to know I had nothing to do with this project besides having a studio FULL of supplies she could easily use.  Well, that's not totally true, I did teach her how to embroider....
My girl's 6th grade Biology Project!
I adore the detailing she did on this, using the running stitch to outline items, and some smaller stitches and scribbles to delineate cell parts... and just look below at the key.  This Mama is PROUD!
My girl's 6th grade Biology Project!
Miss B was about 9 when she learned how to embroider... do you think your kid(s) might enjoy this type of handwork?  If so, Maya has a great post about embroidering with children that you should check out! 

It's the last day of NaBloPoMo, and I made it, WOOT!  No worries, I still plan on blogging, though I think I'll take a break for a few days, ok?

Comments

  1. Amazing! You have every right to be a PROUD momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! that so totally rocks! such a clever girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You are going to frame it, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that this is the coolest thing EVER!!!! Miss B you ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! would it be ok to share this post on WeLoveFrenchKnots.com ? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone! Miss B is so thrilled you love her project, big smiles over here : )! And Bari, of course you can post it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! How cool! Following in mama's footsteps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment