Beads!

One of the things I love about Florida?  The bead stores!  One of Ithaca's only drawbacks is it's lack of a beading store. Whenever I travel, along with visiting yarn stores, I always hit a bead store or three!

Yesterday I dragged 3 generations of Nelkins to Boca Beads... my mom patiently sat and chatted with some ladies at the main table (it felt surprisingly like a knitting store in this regard) as the girl and I roamed the aisles.  Boca Beads has a GREAT selection of size 6 and 8 beads and I "did some damage" as they say!

Want to see?  
One set of beads I got is for the next Mystery KAL I am planning for January.... my girl did some stringing for me last night and I stayed up a bit too late casting on.  I am SO EXCITED for this design, I think it is going to knock your socks off.  More information will be coming about the KAL in December!

Comments

  1. That IS quite a haul! What're you doing in South Florida? You know I used to live in West Palm Beach...

    Can't wait for your mystery KAL! I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I'm going to have to do some serious bead shopping.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    hugs
    Gerry

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment