Favorite Recipe Round Up!

Well, since many of us are going to be spending more time blogging this month, maybe we can help each other out with favorite recipes? 

That way when I'm distracted by my blog (and yours!) I won't have to think too hard about what to make for dinner...

Here is a list of seasonal favorites that will be seen on our table this month:

Warm Butternut and Chickpea Salad (Orangette)
Roasted Root Vege Pizza (Martha)
BBQ Chicken in the Crock Pot (similar to this, I just go for it!)
White Bean, Butternut Squash and Kale Soup (Bon Appetit)
Moroccan Lamb Stew (Oprah!) (I revised this for the crockpot and use seitan instead)
Tilapia with Fresh Herbs (Every Day Food) (world's fastest dinner ever)
Baked Tofu with Quinoa and Kale (often times we eat awfully healthy!)
Leek and Potato Soup (Julia Child)
As you can see this list has no where near enough options to get me through the month.  What are your favorite fall dinners?  I'd love some help and inspiration!

Note: We belong to a CSA, which means lots of winter squash/leeks/potatoes/root veges/and kale this month, so that's why they show up in so many of my meals!

Comments

  1. Vegetarian Split Pea Soup from Taste of Home is super easy and very easy to modify. The worst thing about it is that it's for a slow cooker, so you can smell it hours before you can eat it, and you get really hungry waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tasty line up you have there. I love that roasted vegetable pizza from Martha! We make this soup quite a bit, Moroccan Chickpea Soup. It's delicious and pretty healthy.

    Thanks for sharing these recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I really love my pasta with sweet corn recipe (which works as a winter dish for me because of all the corn and pesto in my freezer)

    Another good squash option was the stuffed squash shells we made last week. Mix baked squash with ricotta and spices (I used rosemary and a dash of nutmeg as well as the standard salt and pepper) Stuff some jumbo shells, pour your favorite white sauce over the whole thing and bake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, these all sound so good : )! (except for the counter top, of course, but I won't delete that in case anyone burns their counter top!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had this soup last night

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/thai-dumpling-soup-recipe/index.html

    and it was amazing! really fast and easy and my kids loved it. I replaced the dumplings with diced chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As its Bonfire night Saturday, thought I better do something fitting, so Catherine Wheel Soup is one I invented. It is roasted sweet pepper and tomato soup with cream swirled on top.
    I have sent you the recipe via Rav.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shepherds Pie!!!! great to add in all those veggies to the meat and cover with mashed taters, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment