Iota Capelet

Well, I've told you all about the Iota Sweater and Iota Scarf and Cowl Set, but you have yet to hear in detail about the Iota Capelet!  Are you ready?
Iota Capelet
Similar to the Iota sweater, Iota Capelet is worked from the top down and begins with two repeats of the Iota Stitch to create a short cowl neck.  Then one knit stitch is carried down from the bottom of each Iota on a reverse stockinette stitch ground.  Increases occur next to the knit stitch every x number of rows to grow the capelet to fit your shoulders/chest. The pattern is written for three sizes, and it is easily modified to fit your body by trying it on as you knit!
Iota Capelet
Want to hear a secret?  I don't actually LOVE purling, so after working the neck I worked this inside out so I could knit more than purl!  Easy Peasy!
Iota Capelet

This piece might be my personal favorite of the collection. I am wearing it when we go to NYC tomorrow for 48 hours of fun!  Can't wait to share travel stories and pics from our trip!

HINT: Remember how I am doing giveaways every Friday for NaBloPoMo?  The Iota Capelet and some yarn to knit it might just be part of the plan this week!

Comments

Post a Comment