Latus: November's Adorn Pattern

It's time for Adorn's November pattern... already?  Well, here you go!
Latus
Latus is a garter stitch short row scarflette with beads outlining each section of the scarf.  The short row sections are built one triangle at a time and stack one on top of the other.  Once the first half is finished, it is set aside while the second half is worked with a revised buttonhole, then the two halves are grafted together.

A private video link is included in the pattern that will help you learn how to work the short row sections with beads... it's not complicated and the video makes it down-right easy!

Latus
This first version is worked with Madeline Tosh Sock, in Alazarin.  Alazarin is an unbelievable color, it reminds me of a gorgeously glazed piece of pottery....
Latus
This second version is worked with Noro Silk Garden Sock in col #S264.  The color changes in the silk garden coincided PERFECTLY with the short row sections which made this an addictive knit as I just had to see how the next section would work out. 
I chose to only place beads (Magatama fringe beads again) on the bottom edge as the Silk Garden is bit thicker and the size 6 beads didn't slide as well.  Also, I thought the color changes were enough to define each short row section. 
Latus
Wondering how it looks flat?  Here it is on my favorite rock!

A HUGE thankyou goes out to Colleen, Kate, Fiona and Nathania... this pattern really needed your attention, and needles!  Ladies, I owe ya!

If you have subscribed to Adorn, the updated collection was just sent out to you.  If you'd like to subscribe to Adorn Latus is included but, you can also purchase it individually here.  

Comments

  1. I find myself waiting at the end of each month. What am I expecting?? My monthly GIFT. A new Nelkin design. WOW. This one is fantastic. Don't I say that every single month. Keep on going girl. This one is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such an innovative use of short rows that looks so intriguing when worn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of short rows, and such fun with the color changing yarn! I like the way it drapes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some Noro sock yarn and coordinating beads - I can't wait to leave work today to cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! I am so thrilled y'all like it, I can't wait until I see yours cast on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! When will you have kits available?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It isn't often that I open an email and proclaim "Oh WOW!" You've created another winner. Our color preferences are so similar. And our love of magatamas as well. Aren't they a perfect "different" look?

    Each sample is distinct. In the first one the beads draw your eyes up through the pattern. And the color blocks do that in the second. Really, really cool!! How can I make my choice? I know--make several.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rhonda... sorry no kits for this one, all you need is 135 yards of fingering weight yarn and size 6 beads, though, so it won't be too hard for you to get the supplies together : )!

    And thanks Hilary, you know how to make a girl smile : )!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment