Cyclo: A "Fauxbius" Necklace!

I cannot believe it's finally time to have show and tell for my latest kit for the Patternworks Kit Club: Cyclo!  I have been itching to show this to you all for months... ever since I got the yarn this winter I've been hinting about it!

Ready?
Cyclo
Introducing Cyclo!  I've been enamored with "fauxbius" shaping lately and once I played a bit I knew this was going to fit the long color repeats of the yarn perfectly.... so with an integrated i-cord edge, slipped up beads, and short row wedges, (remember Latus?), Cyclo was born.
Cyclo
Part of what makes Cyclo super duper special is that I convinced Tina at Freia Fibers to exclusively dye me "minis"  in her amazing gradient technique.  These  lace weight balls are dyed in 90 yard (11 gram) put ups, which lent itself perfectly to a more substantial jewelry design!
Freia Mini SkeinsWhat is a "fauxbius" you may ask?  Basically, you start with a provisional cast on, work a rectangle in whatever stitch the pattern calls for, then block the rectangle to shape, twist the ends introducing a moebius edge, and then graft the two ends together.  The first time I designed one was with Circulate, and I wear the heck out of that cowl!

Are you wishing you could get your needles on this kit?  Right now the only way is to sign up for my Patternworks Knit Jewelry Kit Club.... but I'll be releasing it in 5 colorways in  November, just in time for the holidays!

Comments

  1. I'm so exited that I am part of that jewelry club!! I can't wait to get this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for you all to receive it too! The little balls are addictive!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Once again I am standing by my mailbox...nope, not today. Oh my. (Think Eeyore sounds). When will my Cyclo arrive? Notified by Patternworks that they mailed it. OK. Maybe I'll just drive the 450 miles to NH and pick it up. No. No. Patience, Mo. Tomorrow you will get your Cyclo. Oh, my. (More Eeyore sounds). Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Eeyore... it'll be okay, just one more day (or two!) Cyclo will arrive! Certainly have something to keep you occupied until it gets there?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. I love this! I am so excited to knit this pattern.
    Those small balls of yarn look like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This the cutest project so far ( well behind Cherrio)... Looking forward to making this and who knows, there might be some Cyclo X-Mas gifts in the works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment