Many Hands Halli

I know I constantly gush about the amazing community that is my Ravelry group... but I'm about to do it again! Last spring a group got together and knitted for me... it was amazing, I was speechless.

A conversation that came out of that group knitting project was how fun it was to do a round-robin knit with friends from all over the world. So, a plan started hatching to create an opportunity for everyone to knit together again....

Fast forward a few months, Knockout Knits was releasing and it had THE PERFECT pattern to be knit round robin style: Halli Shawl! This beaded top down, semi circular shape was easy to break up into sections. I was SUPER busy in the fall and after helping come up with the plan for the KAL with Justine and Jennifer I sat on the sidelines and watched the yarn choosing and knitting commence!   Justine had the awesome idea that the person who would receive the final shawl would be the one to choose the yarn (and optional beads) so they would end up with a shawl in a color combination they would wear.
At the end of the swap there were 28 Halli's made by knitters all over the world; in China, the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, New Zealand, Mexico, the UK, Canada and the US. Every Halli had four separate pairs of needles work on it! I heard tales of goodies traveling from house to house, as the Halli's were worked on. Some Halli's traveled thousands and thousands of miles, almost circumnavigating the globe... so cool! The chatter in the Ravelry group was fierce, and fun, and sometimes a little nerve wracking as we waited for the SLOW Mexican postal service to get it's act together and deliver Ana Cecilia her knitting!

The finished Halli's are STUNNING... you can see them all here, but let me show you a few to give you an idea of what an incredible KAL this was!
Lakshmi07's Halli
LKGervitz's Halli
PrayerKnitter's Halli
RachBall's Halli
There was even a whole crew who knit along as Solo Sisters.... just look at Crystal's Halli... STUNNING!
Knitter5319's Halli
HUGE thanks to all who organized and participated in Many Hands Halli! (with an extra hug for Jennifer and Justine, as it would not have come together without you!!!! xoxo)

Comments

  1. I love this post. I am so glad that others now know about the Many Hands Halli!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved this project and my Halli is super special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Knockout Knits and know what I'll be knitting over the summer now!

    Beautiful shawls everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was loads of fun to be part of and we definitely all ended up with beautiful shawls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a very exciting and special project. How nice to see my Ravelry buddies in their wonderful Hallis, especially lakshmi07 because I helped knit hers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all stunning! I will make one someday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The are all beautiful and the yarn and bead choices are gorgeous, of course I'm not surprised. I am amazed by the talent in the Ravelry group all the time. There are so many beautiful patterns in Knockout Knits and I would like to knit so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!
    Cannot believe I made it to the "front page" :)
    Thanks for a great design and all that fun we had knitting those Halli´s!
    And I have to just mention that I am quite proud to see 3 times yarn from me in those Halli pictures!
    Thank You!
    Lakshmi07

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just too cool! Congrats to your whole posse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment