Gosh, I've been waiting for this week for months.... literally! One of the hardest things I have to do is not show my version of a Mystery KAL while you all knit away on yours! I've had my Synthesis done since January and have kept it hidden away. I am TOTALLY excited to be able to start wearing it!
Synthesis comes in two sizes, and incorporates those dropped stitches I am obsessed with, garter stitch, and a knitted on edging. It isn't hard knitting, but there are a few things to keep track of :)!
Wondering about the construction of Synthesis?
It is knit in 8 parts which I broke into 5 clues.
1. Top Edge is worked as one long strip.
2. Stitches are picked up along long edge of strip
and divided into sections.
3. Right Strip is worked out from Top Edge.
4. Right Connector is worked in between Top Edge
and Right Strip.
5. Left Strip is worked out from Top Edge.
6. Left Connector is worked in between Top Edge and Left Strip.
7. Center Connector is worked in between Left Strip and Right Strip.
8. Stitches are picked up along bottom edge, and then a knitted on Bottom Border is worked.
As always... my mystery KAL constructions are unique and keep the knitter guessing! I'm working on our MKAL for the Fall, and I have to say, it could be my craziest construction to date!
Synthesizers Knit ON! Please feel to join in there if you want to KAL along with everyone! I've also released a final version of Synthesis written as a shawl (with all the clues taken out.) This version has been uploaded to Ravelry.
contest thread for photos of finished Synthesis Shawls.... there will be two prizes, one for the best photo (judged by me), and one random winner. The prizes there are REALLY good, so go check them out. I'm leaving that contest open until July 15th, so there is time to finish up (or start and finish) AND get a great pic! I'm already deeply in love with this photo of Kikukat's Synthesis.
Mrs. Crosby Reticule in Synthesis with beads to match (this yarn was dyed exclusively for The M Club)