Twistola: A Warm Hug For Your Head

I love when I finally get to share a design that I’ve been secretly enjoying for many months. In this case, that’s Twistola!  

Twistola Headband by Laura Nelkin in CaMaRose Snefnug

Twistola is a squishy cabled headband that keeps your ears warm AND stays on your head. Thanks to a clever cable “pocket” that gently encapsulates your ears, this winter accessory is the perfect marriage of form and function. Knit in the uber soft and breathable Danish yarn, Snefnug, Twistola is like a warm hug for your head. 

Twistola Headband by Laura Nelkin in CaMaRose Snefnug

This pattern was first released for January’s Lola’s Choice kit club (my small knitted kit club). The kit contains the pattern, and all the raw materials you need to make the design. And as always, my kits also include some special goodies just for you! This month members received a tigers eye cable/stitch marker (made by yours truly), along with a coconut cookie from Emmy’s Organics. 

Twistola Kit for Lola's Choice Kit Club by Laura Nelkin

Emmy’s Organics is a company that’s local to the Ithaca area. Owners Samantha and Ian have grown this company into an international brand, but would you believe they got their start at the Ithaca Farmer’s Market!? They made their first cookies out of Ian’s mother’s kitchen.

Sam and Ian of Emmy's Organics

Emmy’s Organics products are raw, vegan, gluten-free, and incredibly delicious!  I love a treat that feels decadent but is also kind to my body, and this hits the mark for me (linked below!).

The other special goodie is the handmade stitch marker!  Since Twistola involves long rows in between the cables, a cable marker is super helpful to ensure you keep track of your row count. The pattern includes an exclusive video that teaches you how to work the cables in Twistola, and tricks for using a marker.

Snefnug colorways from Yarnery.com

Now let me tell you about this amazing Danish yarn, Snefnug. I could go on for days about this yarn because it is the softest, squishiest, most cuddly yarn in the entire world! I mean, it literally translates to snowflake. Snowflake! Imagine laying down in fresh, powdery snow, and you will understand how this yarn feels.

Check out the video below to hear more about the Twistola kit and my love for Snefnug!

Although the Twistola kit is sold out, the pattern (with video tutorial) is still available in my pattern shop. You could go stash diving and find some soft Aran weight yarn to knit up, or get your own Snefnug by CaMaRose!

And if you want to make sure you don’t miss out on my next kit, head over to the Lola’s Choice page and sign up now. Can’t wait to see the Twistolas you knit up!

Twistola Headband by Laura Nelkin in CaMaRose Snefnug

Tasca knit up in Snefnug!

Emmy’s Organics

My October 2020 Interview with Kristy Glass

Comments

  1. This is the BEST headband. It's fashion and function in one tidy band. Wear mine all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment