Beadic Mitts Kits!

Beadic Mitts were born from my love of fingerless gloves and colorwork knitting. The inspiration for this design came from the traditional Fair Isle colorwork we all know and love, only instead of using contrasting yarn to create a Nordic star on the back of our mitts, we’re using beads!

Beadic Mitts

This kit was originally released to Lola’s Choice club members, which is my members-only kit club that focuses on small, quick knits. I’m happy to say Beadic Mitts kits are now available for all, with six stunning color combinations to choose from. Beadic Mitts for everyone this year!

3 Beadic Mitts
Since a knitting project is only as good as the yarn it’s knit with (in my humble opinion), let’s first talk about the incredible Exmoor Sock by John Arbon, milled in the UK. This yarn is a lofty blend of Exmoor, Blueface, Corriedale, and Zwarbles (all British sheep breeds), along with 10% nylon for resilience. 

This stunning fiber is hard wearing and easy to work with, making it perfect for fancy utilitarian mitts like these. After blocking the yarn blooms beautifully, resulting in uniform stitches and a cozy soft fabric that makes your mitts a joy to wear.

Beadic Mitts Knitting!

Starting at the cuff, these mitts are knit in the round with the option to be made fingerless or with short fingers, depending on how you like your gloves to fit. Personally, I like my mitts to fit closer to my hand, so I opt for the extra work of knitting short fingers. To each their own!

Mitts

The thumbhole is created by making an “afterthought thumb,” which is a simple, no-fuss way of creating an opening in your mitt that is just the right size for your thumb to slip through. I go over how to work the thumb in detail in this video on my YouTube channel.

Included in this kit is one skein of Exmoor Sock, size 8 Delica seed beads, a piece of super floss for placing beads, pattern instructions, and a chart to guide you through the beading. I can’t wait to see which color(s) are your favorite! See all SIX Beadic Mitts kits combos here!

Kits

I hope you love your Beadic Mitts as much as I do! They’re a fall wardrobe must-have, and can even be worn in the winter over glove liners for extra warmth. Designing beaded colorwork is addictive, so you can bet there are more ideas where this came from. What do you think of a sweater next??

Comments

  1. Excellent, informative video. Just what I needed! Thanks, Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pattern was the best I ever knit for mitts. All of the fingers came out perfectly, with no holes. Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment