Something Healthy this Holiday Season

It's important to me that there is still time to eat healthfully even when life is going full swing like it has been for us this holiday season.  It's the perfect time of year for me to share a quick healthy dinner option. My girl told me my recipe was secret... but I've decided to let it out of the vault and share it with you!

Quick and Easy Baked Tofu
(prep time: 5 minutes, baking time: 25 - 30 minutes)


1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Block Extra Firm Tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 Tbsp Tamari (or soy sauce, but I like Tamari better!) + 2 tsp for later
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds (raw is okay too)
1 1/2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat the bottom of a heavy baking pan with  sesame oil.  Place cubed tofu in pan and sprinkle with tamari, sesame seeds and nutritional yeast.  Stir gently to combine.  Place in oven and stir every 10 minutes or so until golden, about 25 - 30 minutes, take out of oven and immediately sprinkle another tsp or two of tamari onto the piping hot tofu.  (This is the secret step!)  Plate it up and EAT!


Our plate from tonight: Acorn squash and asian braising greens from the CSA, shitake mushroom nutrional yeast gravy (my girl's fav) and baked tofu

And more:
*I've been making this for years, when my girl was little I used to double and triple the recipe and keep it in the fridge to snack on all week.

*Wondering how food bloggers keep their dinner's from going cold while they take pics....

*Excuse the bad photos, my camera's batteries were dead (again) and I used my phone!

*I'm on a design "break" and am knitting owls for myself in Schaefer's Esperanza, can I just say, I am in LOVE...

*I've got a few new designs that will be posting in the weeks to come, stick around!

Comments

  1. Looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your camera takes great photos and now I want to come over for leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for owls! I hope you show 'em off when you're done.

    Thanks for the tofu recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment