Stuff n' Stuff

*   This week I re-coded my website so that my shopping cart links to Ravelry.  Now, whether you are a Ravelry member, or not (but you should be!), your purchases will go through Ravelry's excellent pdf delivery system.  This is something that has been on my list for months, and it ended up only taking a few hours... I cannot tell you how good it felt to cross it off the list!

One of the reasons I did this is because last week I realized I had not one, not two, but SIX new patterns to release to the public.  How did this happen?  I'll explain in another post... just know that I am devising a plan to release these.  When I figure out what it is, you will be the first to know, promise!  There have been some sneak peeks of some of these designs on the blog here and here, but that's all you are getting out of me!

*  I COVET this tissue box, designed by my friend Betz White, it is a knitter's dream, the prettiest tissue box I have ever seen... when I find them locally, watch out!

*  I am enamored with the Mythos's (Is that a correct pluralization? Any English majors out there?) being made!  If you have a moment take a peek... I am particularly in love with this one by Ingbe:
Don't you love how the front is done with the button loops?  Also, a bunch of knitters have decided to knit Mythos seamless by starting the sleeve in the round and using Judy's magic cast on for the body when they are done with the sleeve.  This is BRILLIANT, and I really wish I thought of it!  Though if I ever knit another one, I am going to do it like that.  A KAL is starting on Ravelry in my group, join us if you'd like!

*  Which brings me to my next thing, I'm hoping I'll be teaching Mythos at Knitting Etc in Ithaca, NY for a number of Wednesday mornings through the fall.  I can't wait to work with everyone and see what kind of new mods we come up with.  Coffee, knitting, and new friends, fun, right?

*  And finally, look at this new book, Silk Road Socks that just went up for pre-orders by Hunter at Violently Domestic.  There is a beautiful pair, Khotan, knit in Schaefer's Nichole, that are officially on my list!

Comments

Post a Comment