Ennoble

Have you heard enough yet about the Mystery KAL?  Well, it's officially over (insert sad music here) and this will be your last post about it for a bit. It's time to give the pattern a name, and share some pics of my versions of it with you!  But, be warned: if you are behind on the clues and don't want to ruin the surprise, don't scroll down anymore.  Come back to this post when you are finished!

Drumroll please?  Introducing ENNOBLE....
Ennoble

I got this name from a post Mary Lou wrote in the Ravelry Forum where she said "and I hope that the pattern will “ennoble” the yarn."   When you see everyone's versions I hope you agree with me that it did!

Ennoble  

en·no·ble/enˈnōbəl/Verb

1. Give (someone) a noble rank or title.
2. Lend greater dignity or nobility of character to.

I think this is exactly what this pattern did for many of it's knitters.  Some of the clues (esp #2!) were not easy and everyone had to push themselves, think outside the box, (find a quiet place), and wrap their heads around the technique.  In the end with the help of the videos and Ravelry forum most people got it! 
Ennoble
  Ennoble

The pattern has been published in it's final form, with photos, charts, videos, and written instructions.  It's available for purchase here or on Ravelry here.

One thing I learned how to do for this KAL was embed video into pdf's so, there are two final versions of the pattern... one with embedded video, and one without.  The embedded video version will work for anyone who can run Adoble 9.0 or higher.  The simplified version has links to a private you tube channel so you still have access to the video.  These videos are VERY helpful for learning the techniques used in the pattern!

Comments

  1. Thanks for this KAL! Your video tutorials really helped to clarify what I was supposed to be doing. After several false starts, a change of beads, and re-watching the videos, I got it done! It's far from perfect, but it's still pretty. Afterwards, I remembered another failed beaded project that I had ripped up and put away...pulled it out of the drawer and, shazam, it was one of your Schaefer yarn designs! I had the confidence now to try again, and it's going so smoothly now, it's hard to believe that I didn't get it before! So, thanks for the confidence booster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't take part in the KAL so this is the first I've realized that you were joking about the bra cover. ha!
    When I saw the bra cover i actually thought to myself - thank god I didn't sign up for that I'd be so annoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment