Kinetik Revealed

Kinetik Spoiler!
Everyone thought is was a thong... but it wasn't see?
Kinetik
Sweet Georgia Yarn Tough.Love.Sock in English Ivy with Matsuno Beads
Kinetik
Kinetik
String Theory Caper Sock in Oban without beads!
Kinetik
Worn Bandito Style!
The Kinetik Mystery KAL has come to a close, there are no words for how AMAZING this KAL has been!  I was nervous when I started with the KAL, even with videos I worried that my knitter's wouldn't get it and would all throw in the towel... no one knew what they were making, and knitting this bad boy wasn't easy, BUT, they persevered!  One by one the stitch started clicking.... my Ravelry group was Un-Freaking-Believable supporting those who were having trouble with laughter, caring, and concrete techniques that helped them GET IT!  There were days I laughed so hard I spilled coffee all over my keyboard, and others that brought me to tears... I've heard that Rav groups have the potential for creating a strong community, but laws, my group ROCKED!

There are a few people I need to thank as it took a small army to make this happen... so THANKYOU to Colleen, Kate, Cherita, Jeane, Melise, Ms. Baxter, Nancy and the Johnson Art Museum, Felicia at Sweet Georgia Yarns and Tanis and Karen at String Theory Yarn.  

Kinetik is now available in it's final "non-mystery" version. You can see more pictures and purchase it on my website or on Ravelry.  Lucky for you the Ravelry group threads are there in perpetuity so you can always go read through them for help and tips.  I've even set up a "Plod-Along group" for those still working on Kinetik, and that is a great place to join in and become part of the community!

Comments

  1. Very pretty! I can't believe people can knit that without knowing what it is supposed to look like! You must be a GREAT teacher! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura, this was such a fun KAL, i really enjoyed it. not only for the beautiful piece we created in the end, but for the great & supportive community we found during the whole process. you should be proud! looking forward to your future KAL's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, the final product is just stunning. This was an amazing KAL and although at times I was wishing I could reach out and strangle you (not really!), it has been an amazing learning experience and one that will continue for awhile while I tame this beast. The Rav group was - and continues be - just so wonderfully supportive and helpful. I am a proud member of the "Plodders Group". :-) I'll get this puppy done one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Laura! Absolutely love it! Congratulations on the big reveal. I'll have to check it out on Ravelry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Laura! It was a challenge and such fun. Doing the sample ahead of the actual knitting helped me a lot. I didn't post very much because there were so many great people answering questions and supporting each other, hard to get a word in edgewise ;-). I'm sure there are a lot of us "anonymous" knitters that enjoyed themselves. Again thanks for the sweet knit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tess/Doodlefrog on RavelryMarch 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM

    Thank you, Laura. This was my first KAL & large bead project. I was hoping to finish in the timeframe; but, alas, I am a plodder. I learned how to use Ravelry better, made new friends near & online and met you all while creating this lovely thong-I mean shawl. I want to use beads in everything now! I also learned how to do pro photos of my creations & roast chickpeas from you. Many thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment