Disclaimer: Some of these are literary works with merit, others are purely for entertainment. I'm totally ok with a little "trash" once and a while... don't judge me : )!
On my Shelf:
- The Paradise of Glass by Pera Durst-Benning - see the above statement, I read the other two in this historical fiction series, strong female characters and handcrafts got me hooked.
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki - suggested by a friend
- The Martian - by Andy Weir - 'cause I heard it's great (though maybe I should listen to this instead?) I heard the movie is wonderful, but I always choose the book first when I can!
- Trail of Broken Wings by Sejal Bandani - for when I am ready for a sad book again (see below) It keeps popping up, so it is on my list!
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews- my girl and I both read this this summer, super sad, and yet I laughed out loud a lot? That is confusing....
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng - I'm not sure I can suggest this book, I spent the whole read with a giant lump in my throat, it just made me sad, and frustrated at clueless parents, and then melancholy again.
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan - Don't judge me, the other two books I read above were SUPER depressing, and I needed a freakin' break!
- Mrs. Fisher's Murder Mysteries - GAH! the costumes and storylines are perfect!