Star of Butin: A New Beaded Cast On!

Oooohhh… Star of Butin is ALL.ABOUT.BEADS! (With a few knit stitches in between!)... even the cast on uses beads! I had to find a way to  have those beads not twist while casting on, and discovered that the German Twisted Cast On was the perfect solution!

Of course I know that not many of you use this technique, so I shot you a video!


If you don't have yarn and beads in stash you can use one of my Stars Adornaments kits to make Star of Butin!

Let me know if you have questions... as always I am happy to help!

Comments

  1. Can I ask what needles you are using as the nice sharp point looks like it would help. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are signature DPN's... with a Stiletto tip, my only pair, and I love them!

      Delete
  2. This looks like so much fun! My question though, is - what does "Butin" mean?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Butin means swag in french! When I named the Butin Collar I believed it meant swag of fabric, but since then have learned that it mean's pirate's booty (or swag...)! A good lesson in reverse translating when using Google translate!

      Delete

Post a Comment