March 23 - 29, 2017
Day 2: Group breakfast, tour of Reykjavik (to get our bearings), visit to Hand Knitter's Guild, check in at hotel and group dinner.
Day 3: Istex Factory Tour and Alafoss Outlet Shop (need I say more? The home of Lopi!!!) Afternoon Tour of the Hellisheiði Power Plant.
Day 4: "Free Day" in Rekjavik, or Optional Tours: Riding Icelandic Horses or Reykjanes Peninsula Tour, Northern Lights Tour in the evening. (extra fee)
Day 5: Saga Trails, Tour a Local Sheep farm; visit the natural dye studio of fiber artist Gudrun Bjarnadottir
Day 6: Golden Circle Tour: Thingvellir National Park, Gullfoss Waterfall, Strokur (active Geysir), and Þingborg Wool Center (heirloom wool and craft center that is AMAZING!)
Farewell banquet in the evening.
Day 7: Visit to Blue Lagoon (can you say geothermal hot spring resort?), and then home!
Laura visited Iceland with her family in 2012, you can read about her adventures and see photos here and here.
Tour land price is $2550 and includes :
- Five nights in superior hotel rooms (double occupancy) at the Center Hotel Arnarhvoll (single supplement $450/extra)
- Private motor coach for group excursions with full time English speaking tour guide/manager
- Knitting designer and passionate traveler Laura Nelkin will escort the group and provide informal instruction
- Breakfast daily, welcome dinner and farewell banquet
- Entrance to all museums and attractions per itinerary
- Gratuities for guide/driver
- Extensive pre-departure material (as is Edventures style)
- Limited group size
Contact Mary at Edventures 1 (607) 387-3322 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
(FYI- I've known Mary since before I learned how to knit, when I was in my early 20's we worked together at a local eco-tourism travel agency. She has been organizing and leading tours for a long time, and is a professional. I am SO happy to be joining forces with her on this project!)
Note: there is already a FULL trip to Iceland in September I am SO VERY EXCITED to be started a tradition of traveling to my favorite places with knitters! There are only so many wool-focused activities I can make my family do with me on our adventures! xoxo