Contexta Afghan Available for ALL!

I cannot believe it has been a year since I released Knitting Texture with Craftsy! Well, it has been, so that means I can release Contexta as an individual pattern!

This version of Contexta has a little edition... the world's easiest Octagon with no texture at all!
I added this as a friend of mine needed Contexta to be as easy as it possibly could be! At last report she is addicted to making the mitered squares for it and hasn't started any Octagons.

The Contexta Friendship SWAP we had last Fall was AMAZING... out of the SWAP 23 new blankets were created (or are in process!), AND a Contexta Octagon Expansion Pack was born with 7 new Octagon designs in it. All proceeds from the Expansion Pack are being donated to cancer research, and I'm proud to say that we've already donated $625! Awesome! (You can read more about the project here.)

Contexta was originally designed and knit in Cloudborn Superwash Merino Twist, which was fabulous to knit with, but I always wanted to see Contexta knit in a non-superwash hand-dyed yarn. Luckily my buddy Jill's Mom, Gail, decided she needed to knit a Contexta in Jill's yarn, Windham. Want to see? Isn't it STUNNING?

Windham is a worsted weight, non superwash wool that is locally sourced, milled and dyed. Y'all this is yarn you can feel good about!

Jill and her mom are so thrilled with Contexta that Jill decided to make kits for it!
(Also she is offering a discount on Windham if you want to choose your own colors).
Just use the code BlanketFort at Checkout!

Check out these gorgeous choices:
I anticipate that some of you might ask about care for a non-superwash blanket.... but here's the thing, I wouldn't put my Contexta knit in Cloudborn  in the washing machine and dryer. When it is time to clean it I'll soak it in the bathtub, spin it out in the washing machine and then lay it out to dry. This can be done on my deck on a sheet on a warm/dry day.... or on a sheet on my guest room bed on a wet day. The trick is to really spin out the extra moisture in the washing machine, and then to flip it once or twice (and change the sheet underneath if it is really damp) as it dried. Machine washing and drying anything causes extra wear and tear and I want my blanket to last for as long as possible!

Finally, entirely by accident this is my first blog post in over 2 months... whoops! I'm determined to start blogging more,  I've promised to journal my travels to Shetland and France (which is a few blog posts) and I've got a lot more to share too!

Comments

  1. It's gorgeous and Jill's sets make me want to knit another one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment