Adorn BONUS: Jul Belt

Jul Belt
It's time for Adorn's first bonus pattern... and it's a belt! 

This design was born at TNNA when I fell head over heels in love with the Jul Designs booth.  (remember: I used one of their shawl pin donuts in Beignet?)  I saw these floating buttonholes and just knew they would make the PERFECT belt buckle.  I worked out a pattern that creates a dense fabric with slipped stitches and yarnover's going down the center so the closure can attach.  And of course I had to do a second version with beads, because that's what Adorn is all about, right?
Jul Belt
Another favorite part of this design was setting up the photoshoot.  I knew what style skirt I wanted to show the Jul Belt on and realized that my friend Kate designs exactly what I was looking for! Luckily she agreed and we had a great time choosing colors and styles that fit the image I wanted.  I just might have ordered a shirt for myself before the shoot was over... go take a gander at her shop, Woolen Moss, her clothing is wearable, comfortable and stylish, what more could a girl want?
Jul Belt
Everyone who has subscribed to Adorn has received an update with this pattern included. The Jul Belt won't be available separately, so if you'd like this pattern you need to sign up for Adorn!

Comments

  1. Really like this belt, not a difficult pattern to follow but the result is sooo effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love how you used the floating buttonholes in your belt design. Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How clever are YOU, coming up with a belt! Good thing I'm subscribed so I can get the pattern! Love, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I also love the model's skirt. I need a skirt like that to go with my new belt-to-be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much everyone! Sarah- I agree, we all need one of those skirts : )!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment