Iota Scarf and Cowl

Remember when I said I would tell you more about all the patterns in the Iota Collection?  Well, now it's time to share the Iota Scarf and Cowl set with you.  This pattern has a special place in my heart as it is written for Fingering, DK + Bulky weight yarns.  As I played with the Iota Stitch I found that it looked wonderful both flat and in the round and in a variety of yarn weights.... and since i am never one to take the easy road, I decided to write a Cowl/Scarf pattern that could take advantage of this!   What does this mean?  Iota Scarf and Cowl is a great pattern for going stash diving! See?
Iota Scarf
Scarf knitted with Lorna's Lace Honor in Aslan. This DK yarn is a dream to work with, light and airy with a halo but stitch definition all at the same time.  LOVE.THIS.YARN
Iota Scarf
Scarf knitted with Schaefer Yarn Audrey in Ash. This wool/silk fingering weight yarn has shown up in many of my designs over the years for a few reasons: 
     1. There are 700 yards on a skein 
     2. I helped design it with a US mill when I worked at Schaefer 
     3. It feels GOOD!

Iota Cowl
Cowl knit with one and a half skeins of Spud and Chloe Outer in Bayou.  This might be my favorite piece of the collection! The stitch really POPS and moves in bulky yarn, and it was uber fast to knit!!!!
Iota Cowl
Cowl knit with one skein of Schaefer Yarn Chris in Pomegranate.  This DK superwash yarn has fabulous hand, sheen, and extraordinary stitch definition that help the Iota stitch shine!


Next week I'll have a more in-depth look at the Iota Capelet and a giveaway to celebrate the collection.  Don't forget about the Perle giveaway, there is still a bit of time to enter!

Comments