Ms. Bertha in the House!

Ms. Bertha 
Oh my... between The M Club opening for sign-ups AND being deep into manuscript revisions I have been reeling with work (in a good way!)  This afternoon I finished all my commitments for the day and needed to take a break and sew a little something.... the first project I ran into on my studio table was this kit I got at Purl Soho last year.
Ms. Bertha
It's a dish towel that's also a shaped pillow!  Created by UK designer Sarah Young this is simple sewing... I'll admit to having a hard time cutting it up as it's an awfully cute dish towel, but this girl needed to get her sewing on!
Ms. Bertha
It took me about an hour from start to finish... I think the most work was going through my bins to find wool stuffing to fill her with!  I stuffed her TIGHT so she can stand up and hopefully not get too floppy over time!
Ms. Bertha
She does seem at home in the studio too!
Ms. Bertha
Now, I'm wondering, don't you think she needs a fox friend?

Comments

  1. Gorgeous! I have long admired those tea towels and have plans to make my own designs via Spoonflower...someday! Tell me, did you stitch between her arms and dress? Before or after stuffing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betz! Yes, the arms are stitched from the shoulder to the wrist BEFORE stuffing. Seriously easy... : )! I can't wait to see what you will come up with!

      Delete
  2. cuteness!!!! I think she def needs a fox friend.
    Is the club sold out yet?? ;:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And maybe a cat too! Club sales are going strong!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Laura, well, she is a Foxy lady who I am sure can purr with the best of them. So of course, she would just love hanging out with a real fox and kitty cat.
    She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much for your lovely post!
    Bertha looks very happy there.
    All the best
    Sarah (Young)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment