A Morris Blazer (or Two!)

I'm hard at work on new patterns/kits during the day, but at night and on the weekends I've been working on some clothes for Europe. When I saw Kelly from CutCutSew's Morris Blazer on Instagram my girl and I decided we both needed one for the trip!
  
Pattern: Morris Blazer from Grainline Studio
Sizes: Size 2 (Olive) and Size 6 (Gray)
Fabric: Theory Stretch Twill from Mood
(I don't see the exact ones we got... but these are close! I think I need to get the dark denim for just one more.)
Modifications: NONE!! The olive fabric only had one way stretch, but the grey had two way stretch so I used interfacing on both the facing and jacket fabric. (There are notes about this in the sew-a-long.)
Sew-A-Long: Luckily for me right as I was working on this a sew-a-long was happening on the Grainline Studio Blog... I checked it out as necessary, the facing post was particularly helpful as I got a little confused about how to grade a seam.
Notes: What I love about this blazer is how fitted it is and still how much mobility I have. This is due to the stretch twill. If I had made it out of a woven it might have felt like a straightjacket!  The gray one (size 6) is clearly too big on me (it wasn't quite right on my girl, I think I should have made her a Size 4 with some mods). It would be great with a sweater underneath, though! I'm tempted to keep it for winter, but my friend already tried it on and claimed it for her own... it looked SO good on her I couldn't say no!
The Cowl: It's coming with me too! It's a Covert Cowl that Justine knit for me with a stunning skein of IndigoDragonfly Mer GoatLace (the yarn I used for Magia). It's such a treat to have a  design of my own that  I can wear without guilt... Thanks Justine!

All in all, this pattern was super easy to follow and I'm thrilled with the result, If you are looking for an easy sewing pattern (seriously, so much easier than it looks!) I would suggest going for it. It's a great weekend sewing project!

Comments

  1. Covert looks fantastic on you! That is a good photo that picked up the purplish smudges. I found the color hard to photograph. Your blazer looks very sharp. You will be turning heads on the streets of Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely! I'm adding it to my "someday" list right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment