It’s 2016 and I have SO MUCH in store for us! I know many of you are waiting for some new designs to be ready AND for my next Mystery KAL (to be released on April 1st).
I spent the last day of 2015 doing a little stash dive and came up with ALOT OF PRIZES! They are going to live in this super cool yarn storage pillow by Go Knits until it is time to send them to the winners...
First Quarter KAL! This one is a tiny bit different than the ones held in 2013 and 2015 so do read below!
- Anyone can participate, but you must be a member of my Ravelry group to win any prize(s).
- Only designs by me (Laura Nelkin) are eligible.
- You must have a project page made for the Nelkin design you are working on.
Please use the tag Nelkin1stQKAL16 so others can find it!
- Chatter is encouraged, though if you have a specific pattern question it might be a good idea to ask in that pattern’s thread.
- Please post photos… especially amusing photos! Photos are how you win prizes!
- Both WIPS and new projects are eligible... just don't forget to tag the project if it is a WIP!
- ANY post with a progress photo within the week of that particular draw (done randomly on a number generator).
- You can post more than one photo per project during the week, but only one will be counted by the generator. You must have a tagged project page made for this project to be eligible (see above).
- The prize for the weekly draw is for something knitting related……. whether it’s a jewelry kit, or a gift certificate toward my Etsy or Ravelry shop, or yarn donated by one of many amazing companies.
We thought it would be fun to have some group goals, with incentives, I have three special big prizes planned, and you will all have to work together for them to be presented! Lucky for us Justine has offered to keep count and update us on the statistics!
- FIVE HUNDRED COMPLETED PROJECTS
Last year the KAL had 493 completed projects, let’s shoot for 500 this year! When we reach that number I’ll randomly choose a winner for this prize! You have to participate and have at least one completed tagged project to be eligible.
- ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN DIFFERENT DESIGNS
Last year the KAL made 104 of my designs, I think we can try for 116 this time! You have to participate and have at least one completed tagged project to be eligible.
- TWO HUNDRED PARTICIPANTS
I think we can do this! Last year we had 170… for this goal you have to participate and have at least one tagged project to be eligible, but it doesn’t have to be finished!
Everyone who has participated in the KAL and has finished at least one project will be eligible to win the final AMAZING prize…. to be announced when the KAL is over!
Just post away with a photo of a Nelkin Designs pattern you’re working on, and you might just win something!!! :-)
Oh, and want to see the first prize? It's pretty awesomesauce...
|Black Trillium Lilt Sock in the 5th Doctor… |
this is the exact yarn I knit my first Oscillo in (which was lost in the Vancouver airport).
This KAL will run for January, February AND March of 2016! And then on April 1st we’ll have our next MKAL together! Can I get a WOOT WOOT?