It's time... to cast on!

Reading back I've realized I haven't shared that much about what I am currently knitting on my blog lately.  Rest assured, I've been super busy!  I've got a few new designs ready to roll out in the next few weeks.  Also I have been happily working on deadlines for secret projects (which are almost done!) and submissions for the next round of secret projects.  

In the middle of submissions I came up with a design I decided I liked too much to not make immediately.  So, I didn't send it off (I'm such a rebel)! I swatched, and swatched a bit more, and have come up with a concept and edging I am really excited about.  I am feeling so good about this one I even already have a name for it! Unless, of course, I change my mind....

vest_working 
Happy New Year's to those of you who celebrate Rosh Hashanah.  We are heading off for a few days to The Gunks (just a river's span away from the home of NYS Sheep and Wool!) with apples and honey to celebrate.  The new design will be with me, along with my hubby's sweater I started last winter.   He is starting to REALLY want it now that there is a chill in the air, so I better get cracking.  Camping, biking, knitting, what a perfect way to bring in the new year!

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention that I'll be in Comfort Texas at The Tin Smith's Wife next weekend teaching three classes, Aile, Eventide AND Winterlude.  A HUGE box went out to them yesterday with all my teaching supplies, models and swatches for the yarn tasting (aka PARTY Knitter's Style) Saturday night.  I'm really looking forward to discovering the Hill country of Texas.  There is a first time for everything!

Comments