An Artichoke French for my Girl!

When I finished the first Artichoke French for Ysolda's Rhinebeck Sweater Book in the Fall of 2012, my girl begged me for one of her own.... in black!  I haven't knit her a sweater since she was small, and it was time! 
Of course it took me two more years... and I had to beg Jill to dye me an Empire in Black (she came up with this amazing navy, maroon, eggplant color I call "Blackish").  Thanks Jill, my eyes were not looking forward to knitting this in black!
The sweater itself is the quickest knit ever, Aran weight yarn at 3.5 sts/in is a wee bit faster than working with laceweight.  And the pattern is so easily modifiable that Bella's ended up being a mash up of 3 different sizes for the perfect fit!
The only major modification I did was to replace the mock turtleneck with an attached i-cord.  She didn't want the high neckline so this was the perfect compromise.  I've got yarn leftover and am considering making myself some fingerless mitts with the Artichoke Stitch... all I have to do is knit two arms just below the elbow!
There are many other LOVELY Artichoke French's on Ravelry... take a peek!  A few people even knit it in less than two weeks for the Ravellenic Games!!!! I love how it's looking on everyone, and now I want one of my own too!
For anyone wanting to knit their own Artichoke French, I think that Jill is sold out of Empire for the year, but there are many other great Aran weight yarns that will work until she has more.  The pattern is available as part of The Rhinebeck Sweater Book or individually on Ravelry! 

I'm not saying anything about her hair..... : )!

Comments

  1. lovelovelove the hair! and it goes perfectly with the sweater, which looks absolutely fab on herself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon! What a perfect fit and I adore her hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about these pictures is fabulous! And I love your daughter's hair! Beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, what a beautiful sweater! I love Bella's hair and the picture where we get a glimpse of her face - she looks like her Mommy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna... she looks like me AND her Dad, which is bizarre, but makes sense!

      Delete
  5. Love her hair! From the first picture all I could think is how much my daughter would love to have that hair (but she's only 5 so a few more years before she can dye her hair).

    The sweater is pretty great too! Can't wait to start my Artichoke French. But it will be after Magnify. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL... I bet there are a few 5 years old who would LOVE to have that hair!

      Delete
  6. Love the hair!
    And the sweater is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The hair is perfect for her, you're only young once, or so they say. Beautiful sweater too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love everything about this post- wonderful sweater and model. I kind of want her hair. It would get me out of my February rut.......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! Thankyou Gale! I kind of want her hair too.... she thinks I should just go for Eggplant though : )!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sweater and the i-cord neckline. She is a fabulous model and her hair is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not hard to model when a sweater fits you like a glove : )!

      Delete
  11. The sweater is beautiful, but I really want her hair. I'm not too old! You're never too old for blue hair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment