Knit the Bottoms Up Slipper this Holiday

I love giving handmade gifts to the special people in my life. But let’s be honest - finding a project that checks all the right boxes can be a huge challenge.  Not everyone on your list wants a beaded bracelet!  For me I always want a knit that is quick enough (because Lola doesn’t like to be tied down at this time of year), but still challenging enough that I don’t get totally bored.

Bottoms Up Brioche Slippers

The Bottoms Up Slipper is my answer to this conundrum. Not only is it a fast and fun knit, but it’s also sized for the whole family. Slippers for everyone this year!

Bottoms Up Brioche Slippers

One of the design details I like most about this slipper is the brioche on the toe and heel flap.  It's a fun way to play with color, and dip your toe (see what I did there?) into brioche!  And because we all love to have options, you can make them short or tall.

Bottoms Up Brioche Slippers

If you love this design but thought to yourself - I’d really like to wear this as a sock... I got you! This pattern is also written for fingering weight yarn, so you can knit whatever your heart (or feet) desire. 

Bottoms Up Brioche Socks

As always, I am here to support you in your knitting adventures! Check out this super helpful video on knitting brioche in the round, and explore my YouTube channel for more free tutorials.


For your browsing pleasure:
November 2019 Pattern release: Gorges Cowl
A favorite winter hat: Proto-Lola
A little something I love: Labels for your handmade items!

Comments

  1. I love these slippers! Of course I do; they’re brioche. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Michele!!!!! We love brioche, don't we???

      Delete

Post a Comment