Mingle Cuff: Knit or Crochet With Beads

As a kid I was into all the crafty projects; woven pot holders, fancy ribbon barrettes, and especially friendship bracelets!

My modern take on the classic friendship bracelet is Mingle. It’s quick and fun to create, and can be made in a multitude of colors to suit whoever you’re making it for (including yourself!).

Mingle Cuff: Knit or Crochet with Beads

Mingle was originally designed for Vickie Howell’s YarnYAY! box so I needed to create something that could be knit or crocheted. Just like the name implies, I wanted to mingle crafters together!

Mingle Cuff: Knit or Crochet with Beads

To make this cuff, beads are pre-strung either in order or randomly, and then slipped up in between stitches or chains. It’s easy and super fun, and with seven colors to choose from you can make a few and stack them all together in one look. That’s my favorite way to wear them!

Mingle Cuff

The Mingle kit includes everything you need to make the design, except the needles: mercerized perle cotton, four colors of glass Japanese seed beads, 1 dental floss threader, and a hook and eye clasp.


If you’re new to beads and feel intimidated to start, this is a great first project! In the video below I walk you step by step through this simple process. As with most of my patterns, videos like this are included to help you with the tricksy bits!
 

Like many of us, you might find that once you start knitting or crocheting with beads, you can’t stop! MANY MINGLES are probably in your future!

Head over to my shop to get yours. And don’t forget, I have LOTS of other designs and kits that incorporate beads if you’re ready for more!!

I’m curious if you are knitting or crocheting your Mingle… or trying a few each way? Let me know below!

Comments