Lola's Spicy Rum Balls
Oh, you know Lola ♥♥♥'s spicy balls!
Inspired by Lola's dear friend J-Lo who is the OG boozy ball maker
(this recipe was included in Lolember '22... )
- 300 grams of spicy gingerbread cookies OR store bought ginger snaps
(I tested with Mi-Del Ginger Snaps, they have a GF version as well!)
- 60 grams crystallized ginger
- 100 grams pecans (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup dark rum or brandy
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- Additional confectioners' sugar, cocoa or crushed cookies
Place cookies, crystallized ginger and pecans in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fully ground.
In a large bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and cocoa until blended.
Add crushed wafers, ginger and pecans; toss to combine.
In another bowl, combine rum, honey and water; stir into wafer mixture.
Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in confectioners' sugar, cocoa, crushed cookies, or a combo of all 3!
Store in an airtight container.