|View from the dining room of The Lake Hotel!|
Day 3: Group breakfast, and then head out on a Ring of Kerry tour around the stunning Iveargh Peninsula and end the day with a visit and tour of the Kerry Woollen Mills.
Day 4: Another yummy Breakfast, a quick visit to Hedgehog Fibres in Cork, and then lunch and exploring Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, and then onto Galway for a lovely group dinner in our hotel at the Harbor!
|The color wall at Hedgehog!|
Day 7: After Breakfast (sense a theme here?) we will flight or ferry to Inis Oírr in the Aran Islands. On the island we will be met by Una McDonagh and treated to a workshop on traditional knitting methods and Aran Island stitches at the Aras Eanna Art and Craft Centre. We'll be staying at B &B's on the island and have an opportunity to get to know our hosts and learn about island life! The day ends with a sumptuous group dinner at a local restaurant!
Day 8: First, breakfast, then we'll ferry over to Inis Mór (the largest of the Aran Islands) and have a guided tour that includes the impressive fort of Dún Aonghasa. Then we'll head for lunch at a local restaurant and visit some of the knitwear shops on the island. In the afternoon we'll take the ferry back to Inis Oírr and have a St Bridgets Cross Making workshop with Una! Another yummy dinner is scheduled for the group!
Day 9: BREAKFAST! And then we'll ferry over to Doolin where we will take a short tour of the Burren and learn about the region, we'll visit Poulnabrone Portal Tomb, Cliffs of Moher for lunch and a wee hike, and then travel through the charming village of Fanore. We will then head to Dromoland Castle for our last night together! I needed us to stay in a castle before heading home... a delicious meal is planned for our farewell dinner.
Tour land price is €2484 and includes :
- Transfers on arrival and departure by private coach
- Sightseeing as per itinerary in a luxury coach with an experienced driver and licensed guide and Laura Nelkin, knitting designer and teacher
- Accommodation in rooms with private facilities for 9 Nights (single supplement €543/extra)
- Irish breakfast daily, 5 lunches, 4 dinners, 1 farewell dinner
- Entrance to all museums and attractions per itinerary
- Aran Islands Flight and Ferry Fees
- Dinner and knitting Workshop with Carol Feller (including a copy of Carol’s Book – Contemporary Irish Knits)
- Knitting Workshop with Anne O’Maille
- Knitting Workshop with Una McDonagh & Mairead Sharry
- Visit to the Inis Meáin Knitting Company
- Saint Bridget Cross Making Workshop
- Kerry Woollen Mills Factory Tour
- Eye of God Willow Cross Making Workshop with Ciaran Hogan