Entomology in Knitty Summer '09

Entomology is released! My beading obsession continues.... I designed Entomology over the winter, when summer was a distant memory. I was happy to knit, bead, and think about warmer climes! There was much swatching alone in front of my computer late at night with graph paper, yarn, and beads to get everything to hang just right.

I chose Schaefer Yarn's Anne for this project. I love Anne for so many reasons...
1. It feels SO good to knit with.
2. There is major yardage on one skein (560 yards) so you can make reasonably sized shawls with one skein.
3. Worked on larger needles the mohair in the yarn blooms wonderfully.
4. The magic of blocking: this shawl looks like nothing when you are knitting it. I love smoothing it out in my lap as the pattern develops to see what it is gong to turn into. When it is finally time to submerse it in water and block it the transformation is unbelievable... it goes from a fabric blob into a flat gorgeous piece of lace in minutes.

I also had one of the FUNNIEST photo shoots ever for Entomology. We had each other cracking up!
Thanks so much to Caitlin (model), Roy (photographer), Chris (our entertainment), and Cathy (model knitter!). Oh, yes, and Amy and Mandy at Knitty.

Comments

  1. This is one of my all time favorites! I love the delicacy of the drape and those little dragonflies fluttering about. Go Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shawl Laura! I agree wholeheartedly about Anne being a great yarn for shawls.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment