Knit Ithaca 2017 RECAP!

This weekend was the first annual Knit Ithaca.... and WOW! What a blast! I can't tell you how amazing it was to not travel for the weekend and have the knitters come to me! I think I am onto something here!

This is going to be one of those blog posts that is heavy in photos and light in words because I think you'll see that everyone's smiling faces say it all!

Kate Atherley joined us as our guest teacher for Saturday's classes.... on Sunday I made her go to nature : )!
Kate just released a new Mitten book and in celebration she designed The Wine Trail Mitts (pattern on Ravelry!)
I designed a scarf for the retreat, inspired by Taughannock Falls, which we hiked to on Sunday!
I have hardly any photos from Friday and Saturday as we were all so busy talking and knitting.
This is Susan casting on Taughannock.

Some of us did take a walk to Cascadilla on Saturday after lunch and before the afternoon class!
Here is Vicki's Cascadilla at Cascadilla!
And Marsha's Cascadilla at Cascadilla!
Susan designed and knit an AMAZING sweater honoring Taughannock Falls!
Saturday night we had a HUGE KNIT NIGHT and local knitters joined us... it was super fun and busy and I didn't get one photo as I was too busy catching up with everyone... WHOOPS!

On Sunday we were treated to a tour by Experience the Fingerlakes, we loaded onto a giant bus and headed out to some of my favorite spots!

Taughannock Falls... my favorite place on earth!








Hedda quickly became our mascot, and when she wasn't helping Rita, she got lots of snugs from us, don't worry!
Melissa at Fingerlakes Cider House educated us on permaculture, Kite and String Cider and more!
Then we were fed really well while we tasted ciders! Smart, right?



Then we tasted goat cheese from Lively Run Goat Farm
And visited their goats!
Finally we ended at Sheldrake Winery, with a wine and cheese pairing that was quite superb!
Then it was back to the hotel for a farewell dinner, a hysterical fashion show (no photos from this... what happens at the Knit Ithaca fashion show stays at the Knit Ithaca Fashion show!), and a final knit night!
One thing about Knit Ithaca? The husbands had about as much fun as we did....!
Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou sweet knitters for joining me on this epic event! I hope to make it an annual one!

Oh, and the best way to hear about future events is to sign up for my mailing list.....

Comments

  1. It was one of the most awesome weekends I have ever spent. So glad to have made a lot of new knitting friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many wonderful moments. Thank you again, Laura! I now understand why you love that area so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the smiles!! Hope you make this an annual event!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fabulous! Knitting friends, fun classes with lots of learning, great food, amazing gorges and Laura shared with us her favourite place on earth, Taughannock Falls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the photos!! Had such a great time with everyone! Laura, you put on an amazing weekend for all of us! Loved seeing your home turf!! And loved making new knitting friends and seeing everyone from past trips!!! Just got better and better!!! Thank you!!❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy fun weekend! Ithaca is indeed gorges! Thanks Laura for planning such a beautiful retreat, thanks to knitting friends old and new for making wonderful memories. Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a great time. I loved being educated AND having time to see the area. Even hanging with my kid was NOT my primary reason to be there (don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved seeing him in his Ithaca habitat). Thanks to you Laura for making such an effort and making it all so easy and fun! Lori the Reluctant Sock person

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for planning an awesome weekend. I’m so glad I got to go. I love the knitting and the hiking and the education all rolled into one weekend. Couldn’t have been better! Thanks to knitting friends and making new friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment