The Kairos Project

A few years ago I created a fun little accessory called the Kairos Cuff. This spunky beaded bracelet uses a stitch I developed that places the beads randomly over 1X1 ribbing. The special thing about the Kairos stitch is that it places the bead right on top of the stitch, so it really pops against the yarn. 

Kairos Shawl

Working with the Kairos stitch was so much fun that I knew I wanted to create more designs using it. Lo and behold, the Kairos Cowl and Kairos Shawl were born!

Kairos Shawl and Cowl

“Kairos” is an Ancient Greek word meaning the right, or critical time for action. In the case of the Kairos Cuff, the time was right for me to create something to satisfy my itch for a small beaded project. In the case of the shawl and cowl, the time was right for me to expand on this design idea!

Kairos Kits in 4 Colors

I just love the way the kit to make Kairos Shawl and Cowl came together. It includes a full skein of “Practically Perfect Sock” from Emma’s Yarn (a small company run by two sisters in Florida), a contrasting mini-skein, a tin with 40 grams of a custom Japanese glass seed bead mix, and a leather clasp designed and handmade specifically for The Kairos Project in Hector, NY by my friend Renee Baum.

Kairos Cuff with Clasp

Your kit will make a Kairos Cuff, and either the Kairos Shawl or Kairos Cowl. The cuff is a great way to practice the beaded stitch, and when you’re done, it can be used on your wrist or wrapped around your new accessory to hold it in place.

Kairos Clasp on Cowl

An exclusive video tutorial is included with the pattern to walk you through the construction and beading of the shawl and cowl. Once you get started you won’t want to stop! 

Kairos Tutorial

Head over to my shop to pick your favorite kit color. Which pattern are you planning on knitting first?

Comments