9.14.2015

Video Tutorial: Crochet Cast On

Today clue #1 of Circo Mystery KAL releases... and the first thing you have to do is a crochet cast on and I made a video for you!

I also use this cast on in The Novus Collection, and many of the patterns in Knockout Knits use it, so I am happy to add it to my video tutorial arsenal!

The crochet cast on can be used as a regular cast on if you work it with your working yarn... just remember that it isn't super elastic. This cast on matches a traditional bind off the best. It is also a great provisional cast on if you work it with scrap yarn which is how it is used in Circo!

If you are using this cast on provisionally then make a few extra chain stitches off the needle when you are done and tie a knot or two in the end of the yarn. Then you'll know which end to rip out from!

I also absolutely love Lucy Neatby's video on this technique... it's how I learned how to work it, so if this doesn't make sense, or you want more clarification, please do go watch it!

1 comment:

  1. Lori Hawthorne: Thanks so much for video Laura. I have your book Knockout Knits and want to make the Crux Cowl. I couldn't figure out the crochet cast on from book. Amazing how easy it is once I show your instructions in video. You are such an Great Teacher and I have come to enjoy the different knitting techniques that you use and teach. Have a Very Happy New Year and thanks again for your instructions that always are clear and helpful and your patterns that are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete