A Bed for Cat!

I can't believe I have a blog and I've never posted a picture of my Cat!  What kind of blogger am I?
A Cat and her Bed
Well, meet Cat! Sixteen years ago she came to us nameless, a wild ferocious beast. We lived in a log cabin, which meant the boundary between inside and outside was vague, and we needed killing machine.  Needless to say, she killed 12 mice her first night with us and has earned her keep ever since.  Her wild temperament kept us from fully bonding with her for quite some time, which is how she ended up with the creative name of "Cat".

Fast forward many years, lots of memories, and a house move... she is still going strong and has become the sweetest thing ever. Kidney failure has just set in and so she sleeps and sheds ALOT more than she used to.  She has developed a frustrating penchant for sleeping on my blocking wool and I realized she needed a woolly retreat of her very own! 
A Cat and her Bed
It is made from a old huge Woolrich Sweater that my hubby and I stopped wearing years ago, I felted it in the washing machine, followed these directions, and then felted the heck out of it one more time!   
Hint: I discovered it dries really quickly if you put it on a cookie rack over a heat vent!
A Cat and her Bed
A second hint?  She was not sleeping on it for quite a bit... offended I vented to Maya, who quickly urged me to sprinkle the bed with catnip, you know what?  It worked, and now she LOVES it!

Comments

  1. I love Cat and her bed. She looks just like my Twinkie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with the catnip trick it took Peanut 4 years to accept the cat bed I made for her...

    But your kitty and her bed are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's illegal not to blog about your cat; you're lucky you've got away with it for so long! She is indeed a splendid Cat, and she has a lovely bed too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! And I agree, I am lucky the blog police didn't haul me in long ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't everyone love cats? Cat is very photogenic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My step-cat is named Cat too ... Big Cat technically [her sister was Little Cat] ... her daddy [my husband] says "Cat" is the only name she ever responded to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pull the back and hood sections up along with the sides and sew them where they meet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the content of this blog outstanding information can bee seen.
    Thomas the Tank Engine Beds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place to spend your best time in purchasing your desire furnishing stuff from Beds and Mattresses shop

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment