Some Yarn Cupboard LOVE!

I landed back from the Yarn Cupboard Winter Retreat Sunday eve, what a fabulous time!  I was especially lucky that this retreat was so close to home... I didn't have that weary travel feeling the next day which is a blessing!

I got to catch up with old friends like Jill, Cal, Melissa, Kristen, and Angela.... and make new ones, like Sandi, Jennifer, Sharon, Lisa, Beth and so many more. 

During the days I taught and worked in the marketplace at my table.  Evenings were filled with conversation that would make my non-knitting friends eyes roll back in their heads with confusion and boredom, but LAWS, it was satisfying and inspiring for me. Saturday night I might have even done my "zoolander" strut for the fashion show, lucky for me it looks like I was too fast for anyone to catch it on camera!
yc_booth_txt
A photo before the "shopping" started in the marketplace... I was lucky enough to be right next to Jill's goodies!
yc_lisam
Lisa Meyers, the US distributor for Manos del Uruguay came and gave an incredibly interesting talk about Manos' business mandate and spinning and dyeing techniques... they are definitely an overseas company you can feel good about!  (If you look closely at the pic she is holding up you will see giant hanks of yarn on a metal hook being dipped into a huge dye cauldron.)
yc_eventide
My VERY studious Eventide class, hard at work!
yc_sabra
Sabra, from my Ravelry group, wearing her gorgeous Kinetik!  So honored she came up for the day!
yc_kristen
My newest BFF Kristen, wearing a Butin, and learning Eventide!  You go girl!
yc_zoe
And last, but definitely not least, remember Zoe from last month's classes at The Livingston Arts center? Well, she and her handlers (Serena, Janis and Pattie) came to see me and learn all about Knitting Jewelry with Beads.... and then she agreed to model (or munch on) her Mama's GORGEOUS finished Kinetik for me!

Huge thanks go out to Susan for the wonderful weekend! Not sure I can wait until next April to do it again!

Comments

  1. It was so great to see you this weekend! The retreat was wonderful and you captured amazing pictures! Thank you for letting me know about it, so glad I came! and by the way "you're pretty"!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you too Angela! What a fun, fun weekend! And btw, you are pretty too!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed your class & found it challenging but that's why I was there. I 'm looking forward to making the Ribband and getting back to the Eventide. Thanks for being so patient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Emily.... I love when I challenge my students : )! You are there to learn, right?

      Delete
  3. Your Advanced Knitting with Beads class was beyond my expectation! It was challenging and you are SO patient and knowledgeable. I learned to knit "real" lace! :-) It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with you, SO glad you were there. Juliecazknits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SOOOO glad you were there Julie! Great to get to know you... I can't wait for next year!

      Delete

Post a Comment